Since 2007, Olga A. Allen has concentrated her practice on all areas of family law, including complex settlement and litigation, negotiating marital settlement and custody agreements, preparing prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, financial issues including dissipation and asset tracing, and appellate practice. Having handled hundreds of cases, Ms. Allen recognizes that each situation has its own unique set of circumstances, so a “one size fits all” approach will not work. Instead, she seeks to help clients pursue their goals and reach resolutions that provide financial, as well as emotional, satisfaction. Ms. Allen’s successes are both in and out of the courtroom, due to her belief that an experienced practitioner should first explore settlement as an option, but be prepared to litigate at a moment’s notice. Ms. Allen received a “Rising Star” award from Super Lawyers for 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, which is a distinction reserved for the top 2.5% of attorneys in Illinois under the age of 40.
Ms. Allen is a 2007 graduate of Michigan State University College of Law, where she concentrated in family law. Ms. Allen received her bachelor’s degree from Alma College in Alma, Michigan, in 2004, where she graduated cum laude with a double major in psychology and interpersonal communications.
In addition to her success in the courtroom, including prevailing in a number of complex custody cases as lead counsel, Ms. Allen has had many successes in both the First and Second District Appellate Courts, as well as in the Illinois Supreme Court.
Ms. Allen is admitted to practice in Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
She is fluent in Polish.
Olga Aleksandra AllenReviewsout of 8 reviews
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Complex Settlement and Litigation
- Negotiating Marital Settlement Agreement and Custody Agreements
- Financial Issues including Bankruptcy and Asset Tracing
- Appellate Practice
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan – 2007
- Major: Family Law
- Alma College, Alma, Michigan
- Bachelor’s Degree cum laude – 2004
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Interpersonal Communications
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” – 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Avvo “Client’s Choice” – 2016
- In re Marriage of Mutzbauer, 2018 WL 298352 (Ill.App. 3 Dist.)
- Edleberg v. Slobodien, 2015 IL App (1st) 141940-U
- In re Marriage of Magana, 2014 IL App (1st) 131930-U
- Chraca v. Chraca, 2012 IL App (1st) 111938-U
- In re Marriage of Levinson, 2012 IL App (1st) 112567
- In re Marriage of Gutman, 232 Ill.2d 145 (2008) – Illinois Supreme Court