Olga A. Allen concentrates her practice on all areas of family law, including complex settlement and litigation, negotiating marital settlement and custody agreements, financial issues including bankruptcy and asset tracing, and appellate practice.
Prior to joining the firm of Hurst, Robin & Kay, Ms. Allen worked for The Law Offices of Brian J. Hurst since early 2008. Ms. Allen is a 2007 graduate of Michigan State University College of Law, where she concentrated in family law. Ms. Allen received her bachelor’s degree from Alma College in Alma, Michigan, in 2004, where she graduated cum laude with a double major in psychology and interpersonal communications.
Ms. Allen has had many successes in both the First and Second District Appellate Courts, as well as in the Illinois Supreme Court in the matter of In re Marriage of Gutman, 232 Ill.2d 145, 902 N.E.2d 631 (2008), a case on which she worked with Brian J. Hurst. Ms. Allen recently acted as lead counsel in a complex custody trial where she successfully obtained sole custody for her client and the right for her client to relocate with the child to Michigan.
Ms. Allen is admitted to practice in Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Ms. Allen is also fluent in Polish.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Complex Settlement and Litigation
- Negotiating Marital Settlement Agreement and Custody Agreements
- Financial Issues including Bankruptcy and Asset Tracing
- Appellate Practice
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan – 2007
- Major: Family Law
- Alma College, Alma, Michigan
- Bachelor’s Degree cum laude – 2004
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Interpersonal Communications
- In re Marriage of Gutman, 232 Ill.2d 145, 902 N.E.2d 631 (2008)
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Offices of Brian J. Hurst, 2008