Child Adoption Lawyers Near Me
When you would like to welcome a child into your heart through the process of adoption, you may be looking for child adoption lawyers near me (Lake Forest, IL). At Hurst, Robin & Kay, LLC, we understand that when you love a child so much, you may want to make them officially and legally a part of your family. We strongly believe that family is not always built through blood relations. Instead, you may be unable to have children of your own or you may wish to add more children through the adoption process. Whatever your reasons, please give our office a call at your convenience to discuss how we may be able to help you through this process.
How do I know what kind of lawyer is right for me?
When it comes to the adoption process, you want to make sure you work with an attorney who specializes in family law. Working with an attorney is extremely beneficial because there are many things you will want to consider throughout the adoption process. Do you want the parents to have contact with the child? Do you want the child to know they were adopted? What rights do the adoptive parents have? Discussing any concerns you have with your attorney can be particularly helpful throughout this process.
What does it mean for an adoption to be uncontested?
When an adoption is uncontested, it means that the adoptive parents have fewer hoops to jump through. This may be because the adoptive parents are unknown, they have passed away, or they may give their full consent. This kind of adoption can happen whether it is through a private adoption or agency adoption.
Private vs. Agency
If you are choosing to enter into a private adoption, this means that you are working directly with the biological parents and are choosing to forgo the use of an adoption agency. There are still important laws that you must abide by when you go through a private adoption. On the other hand, if you are going through an agency, the agency will typically place a child into your adoptive care. In either case, when you search for “Lake Forest, Illinois child adoption lawyers near me,” you know you are getting an attorney who cares from Hurst, Robin & Kay, LLC.
Call Our Office to Learn More
When you want to adopt, get the process started off right. As you search for “child adoption lawyers near me in Lake Forest, IL,” consider calling Hurst, Robin & Kay, LLC.
Benefits of Hiring a Child Adoption Lawyer
If you’re thinking about adopting a child, it’s a good idea to search for child adoption lawyers near me on Google. Adoption can be a complicated process, so it’s wise to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. Here are some benefits of hiring a child adoption lawyer.
- Possess knowledge of adoption laws. Child adoption laws are very complex and vary from state to state. For example, in the state of California, an adoptive parent has to be at least 10 years older than the child he or she hopes to adopt. If you don’t have a legal background, it can be difficult to know all the laws you must comply with to adopt a child. That’s why it’s important to have a skilled child adoption lawyer on your side. He or she will have knowledge of all the adoption laws in your state.
- Assist you in gathering necessary documents. There are many documents involved in the adoption process. You will need to gather financial statements proving your financial resources, a criminal history check and moral history to name a few things. A child adoption lawyer can help make sure that you turn in all of these documents by the deadline and don’t leave any important information out.
- Address your questions and concerns. If this is your first time adopting a child, you might not know exactly what to expect. You may have many questions and concerns. That’s another good reason to have a skilled adoption lawyer. He or she will answer all of your questions and explain possible outcomes from decisions you make. If you have a real person to address your questions will make the process much smoother.
- Speed up the process. Like other legal procedures, the adoption process can take a while. This can indeed be frustrating. However, if you work with an experienced adoption lawyer, you may be able to streamline the process. He or she will make sure that you fill out the necessary forms on time to prevent delays in your case. Your lawyer may also have good relationships with court personnel, which can speed things up too.
- Deal with obstacles. In adoption cases, obstacles can sometimes arise. If you’re on your own, these obstacles can be overwhelming and leave you scrambling on what to do. If you have a skilled lawyer on your side, he or she will help you deal with these obstacles accordingly and take a lot of your stress away.